I like breakfast any time of day. This is especially true if breakfast includes bacon. Before keto, I would make these ah-mazing breakfast sandwiches with english muffins, eggs, cheese, and bacon. So when I found some low carb bread, my first thought was “I can have breakfast sandwiches again!”
Now, the bread I found (Ener-G Light Brown Rice Loaf) ended up being itty bitty (my iPhone is bigger) and a little bit dry, but I crisped it up in some butter and it got the job done. I’m not gonna complain about bread with 6 net carbs per slice. Once that bread is topped with mayo, cheese, guacamole, bacon, and an over medium egg, I will definitely be too busy eating to complain.
What you need:
- 1 slice Low carb bread (I used Ener-G Light Brown Rice Loaf)
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp guacamole
- 1/2 Tbsp mayo (optional)
- 1 slice cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
What you do:
- Cook the bacon using whatever method you want.
- Butter the slice of bread and fry in a small pan. Once both sides begin to brown, put mayo on one side and top with the cheese. Cover the pan so the cheese melts. When the cheese is melted, remove the bread from the pan.
- In the same pan, add some of the bacon drippings or some more butter and fry the egg.
- Top the bread with the guacamole, the bacon and the egg.
- Eat it!
This can get kinda messy. I used a fork and knife because I’m a lady (just kidding, I had class and didn’t want to get stuff on my clothes and have to change).