Not a coffee drinker? I understand. While today I’m quite a coffee enthusiast, there was a time when I too would avoid it. So how do you reap the benefits of bulletproof coffee… minus the coffee? Short of eating straight butter and oil, the answer is this bulletproof chai which once blended becomes creamy and frothy like a latte! I fully expected this drink not to work, but surprisingly, it was great!
Here’s what’s you need:
- 2-4 bags chai tea
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs heavy cream (optional)
- 1-2 packets truvia (also optional)
- Dash of cinnamon (also also optional)
Here’s what you do:
- We need to brew a very strong cup of chai tea – there are many ways to do this, but the easiest is to heat a cup of water and add 2-4 tea bags (depending on how strong you like it), and let it steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Do not leave the tea bags in the tea.
- In a blender, put the butter, coconut oil, whipping cream, cinnamon, and truvia.
- Pour the strong chai over the items in the blender.
- Blend on high for 8 seconds, let the mixture settle, then you may choose to blend a little more.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!