If I could give you all a sample of this buffalo onion dip, I would. It is so good. I want to share it with everyone and eat it all at the same time. I just can’t even describe the kind of revelation that your mouth experiences when eating this. It’s a savory blend of everything good in your fridge with a little kick from the buffalo sauce. This buffalo dip is basically heaven in a oven safe dish.
Buffalo Onion Dip – Serves 2 as meal or 4 as snack
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2p cup buffalo sauce (add more for more spice)
- pinch of salt to taste
Here’s how you do it:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium low heat. Once hot, add the onions to begin caramelizing. I sauté the onions until they are starting to brown, then reduce the heat to low and stir only once every 15 minutes until the onions are caramelized.
- Once the onions are nearly done, add the butter and garlic and cook a few minutes longer.
- Add the cream cheese to the pan. It will soften and eventually you’ll be able to mix in the onions and garlic.
- When the cream cheese and onions are fully mixed and the cream cheese is nice and ooey gooey, transfer to a small oven safe baking dish. (The oval dish in the photos is about 9″x5″).
- Mix in the all but about 1/4 cup of the cheese and the salt.
- Add some of the buffalo sauce and mix. Add more until it tastes amazing to you.
- Smooth out the dip and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes. Then turn on the broiler and broil for a few minutes until the cheese begins to brown.
- Serve with celery for an awesome keto snack or meal.
*another variation of this recipe includes preparing the onions in an oven safe frying pan, adding the cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and salt at the same time, removing from heat and adding the cheddar cheese, then putting the entire pan in the oven.