Imagine: It’s 5PM and you’re hungry for something pretty big. You look at your meals for the day and realize you’ve eaten most of your carbs AND protein for the day! Oh no! What can you eat to satisfy your hunger without going over your daily carb and protein allowance? The answer is: a fat bomb.
Fat bombs are a very high fat, low carb, low protein snack that can keep you going without knocking you out of ketosis. So while the word “fat bomb” can be a little concerning, fat bombs are in fact very good for a Keto dieter. These bad boys contain about 4g net carbs and a whopping 23 grams of fat per serving. They are about 230 calories each. You can adjust these as you plese by including more or less coconut oil and more or less almond butter and chocolate.
What you need:
- 3 C unsweetened shredded coconut (I used 1/2 a package)
- 8 oz Raw Coconut Butter
- 5 tbs coconut oil
- 5 tbs Almond Butter (optional)
- 4-5 packets truvia
- 3 oz very dark chocolate (80% cacao or higher)
- 5 tbs Heavy Whipping cream
- 2-3 packets truvia (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
What to do:
- Grease a 9 x 9 pan (or whatever you’d like to set the fat bombs in).
- In a saucepan, heat up the coconut butter, coconut oil, coconut, and almond butter until texture is melted and smooth.
- Pour melted mixture into 9 x 9 dish and refrigerate. Wait for this to set before adding the topping.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla, and truvia to the chocolate and stir until mixture is smooth and consistent.
- Once coconut mixture is set, pour chocolate over the filling and spread to top.
- Top with coconut and wait for the entire dish to set completely.
- Cut into 12 bars or servings and store in the refrigerator.